R. Mark Oliver
201 Main Street, Suite 801
Fort Worth, Texas 76102
Toll Free: 1-866-433-6952
Facsimile: (817) 338-0700
Mr. Oliver's practice centers on oil and gas, energy and water law, as well as having a more broadly based litigation and transaction practice. He primarily represents landowners, service companies and operators in oil, gas, energy and water matters across Texas in the Barnett field around Fort Worth, The Eagle Ford field in South Texas, and the Permian Basin in West Texas, along with the Bakken Shale in North Dakota and the other developing shale plays throughout the country concerning a wide variety of transactions and litigation involving land and mineral ownership. He also represents oilfield service companies with a wide range of oil, gas, energy and water issues.
His typical matters include leasing and royalty negotiations and other issues, working interest issues, surface use issues and title issues, such as lease termination disputes, royalty owner disputes, underpayment claims, pricing disputes, operational issues, disputes involving seismic data, pipeline and other easement disputes, development and drainage disputes, disputes between working interest owners, pooling and unitization disputes, and various other issues relating to land and mineral ownership. He defends landowners in eminent domain proceedings involving pipelines, electrical rights of way, and other easements and related issues. He also defends oil and gas operators in wrongful death, survival and personal injury lawsuits and disputes in the oil patch. He also regularly assists business in the acquisition and divestiture of oil and gas producing properties.
Mr. Oliver also prosecutes and defends a variety of civil cases in State and Federal courts throughout Texas. His general litigation practice includes plaintiff and defense litigation, coverage and bad-faith litigation, including wrongful death actions, professional malpractice litigation, premises liability litigation, products liability litigation, construction litigation, probate litigation, commercial litigation, real estate litigation, and appellate litigation. He also assists area attorneys in post-judgment collection efforts on behalf of their clients, including all post-judgment remedies such as execution, sequestration, attachment, garnishment and receivership. He also serves as general corporate counsel for a variety of business entities and non-profit organizations and their owners seeking general legal advice, as well as assisting those entities and organizations with commercial transactions, corporate law, and mergers and acquisitions.
- Texas A&M University (B.S. Political Science 1998)
- Texas Tech University School of Law (J.D. 2001)
- State Bar of Texas, 2001
- State Bar of North Dakota, 2013
- The Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. District Courts Northern, Southern, Western Districts of Texas
- U.S. District Courts Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas
- Member, Texas Bar Foundation
- Member, State Bar of Texas, Oil, Gas and Energy Resources Section
- Member, Texas Aggie Bar Association
- Member, Tarrant County Bar Association
- Member, Fort Worth-Tarrant County Young Lawyers Association
- Member, Eldon B. Mahon American Inn of Court
- Explorer Post Advisor, Explorer Post 7603, Longhorn Council, Boy Scouts of America
- Top Attorney by Fort Worth, Texas Magazine (2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012)
- Frequent speaker at CLE events concerning energy, oil, gas and water law matters